A Crowns of Courage halo wig can make the difficult experience of chemotherapy-related hair loss a little easier. Our recipients say they feel strong and confident when wearing their halo wig.
Wigs can be made using the patient's very own hair. Already lost your hair? Don't worry! We have hair that has been donated for this very purpose. You can also send hair donated from friends or family to be used for your child's halo wig.
Applying is easy and we accept applications all year long!
To request a FREE halo wig for a female patient, please download and fill out this form or complete the application below.
To request a FREE halo wig for a male patient, please download and fill out this form or complete the application below.
You can also send an email to email@example.com to request the applicable form. The typical turnaround time for receiving your halo wig is two weeks.
This form must be completed in its entirety in order to receive your halo wig.
Providing your name below gives Crowns of Courage permission to use photos of the recipient for their website and social media pages.
1. Wash & dry your hair. Please only send dry, squeaky-clean hair.
2. Gather up the hair into sections and create several braids using small rubber bands. Make sure the bands are tight enough to keep the hair together after cutting. We ask for at least 8 inches of hair. The longer the hair is, the longer your finished product will be. Approximately half an inch is lost in the wig making process. There is no maximum length requirement.
3. Cut the hair just above the elastic band so that the elastic band remains on the braid after cutting and keeps cut hair together. Do not wash or style the braids in any way after they have been cut off.
4. Place the braids, kept intact with the elastic bands, in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure that the hair is completely dry before sending.
5. Place the plastic bag with the braids, along with the completed request form, in a padded or plastic envelope and send to:
Crowns of Courage
Attn: Wig Requests
4900 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 3000
Scottsdale, AZ 85251